Constipation – how to improve digestion.
Constipation is one of the most common complaints of many people, especially the elderly. Problems associated with emptying the colon are encountered by large percentage of people. Here are few tips on how to healthy improve the digestion and get rid of the constipation.
- The most important thing to do, is to consume large amounts of fiber. Fiber is part of plant products which the body is not digesting, but it stimulates work (pushing the food) of the digestive tract, it also binds and removes from the body remains of food. Fiber increases stool volume, refuses the consistency from being too hard (absorbing water, causing softening feces) and facilitates its transition by the intestine. It is known however, that a lot of fiber-rich foods must be implemented gradually. A too rapid introduction of large amount of fiber may cause abdominal pain and flatulence. Examples of fiber reach foods: black bread, raw vegetables and fruits, dried fruits, bread containing significant amounts of bran, barley, oat.
- It is also good to know which substances contained in the diet are conducive to emptying the bowel. Eat fiber reach products, meat with large amounts of connective tissue; marinades, herrings, sausages, beer as they help with the digestion. Additionally, probiotics like yogurt and kefir contain bacteria helpful to your gut and may improve the digestion as well.
- Remember to stay hydrated, the longer it takes you to have a bowel movement, the more water your colon absorbs from your stool and you end up with dry and hard to eliminate stools.
- Lack of physical activity is considered a risk factor for constipation, particularly among older adults. Adopting a regular exercise may not prevent the problem, but it’s recommend anyway since it’s good for overall health.
- You probably noticed this yourself, when you are stressed you can’t poop. The colon, after all, is partly controlled by the nervous system, which responds to stress. Using relaxation techniques to ease stress and anxiety in your life may be good for the gut, consider practicing yoga or using meditation technics.
- Use supplements that naturally strengthen your digestion system. Digest RC® is a unique, all-natural herbal supplement specially designed to alleviate various digestive symptoms while strengthening digestion and elimination with continued use.